A number of major international and national law firms have retained us as local counsel in high-stakes litigation pending in Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas and in other cases throughout the Texas. The following are a few specific examples where we have served as local counsel:
- An international firm (Am Law 100) retained us to assist the defense in several matters, including
- An $11 billion class-action case involving an acquisition by a major oil company
- A shareholder oppression case involving a chemical company
- In a case over the interpretation and breach of a purchase and sale agreement of large acreage tracts of land for a syndicated real estate investment firm
- A large New York based firm retained us to assist the defense on a securities fraud case involving a trading and clearing house.
- Another large New York based firm retained us to assist the defense of a trademark and trade secret case.
- A large Washington, D.C. based firm retained us to assist the defense of a contractual dispute over the manufacture of cement mixers for a European trucking company.
- A San Antonio based firm retained us to assist the defense of a non-compete dispute involving contempt for a Texas based energy company.
- A Vermont based firm retained us to assist the defense of a contractual dispute for one of the nation’s largest arms importers.
We have also served as local counsel or co-counsel in cases in the following venues:
- The Woodlands and Conroe (Montgomery County);
- Houston (Harris County);
- Sugar Land (Fort Bend County);
- Huntsville (Walker County);
- Cleveland and Liberty (Liberty County);
- Anderson (Grimes County);
- Galveston (Galveston County);
- Beaumont (Jefferson County);
- Brenham (Washington County);
- Austin (Travis County);
- San Antonio (Bexar County);
- Fort Worth (Tarrant County);
- Dallas (Dallas County);
- Plano and McKinney (Collin County); and
- McAllen (Hidalgo County).